Ontario Nature will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities in all aspects of our hiring process upon request. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
If you are interested in volunteering at Ontario Nature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Major Gifts Coordinator
- Establish and maintain a good working knowledge of Ontario Nature’s activities, priorities and needs;
- Develop funding proposal content with program staff; review and edit proposals written by other staff; and ensure that grant applications include required information;
- Create and maintain an up to date fundraising calendar that tracks proposal deadlines, reporting deadlines, funding commitments and other information relevant to institutional funders;
- Coordinate reporting on grants and donations to funders, working with the relevant staff;
Research funding prospects, review funders’ priorities and monitor calls for proposals;
- Work with the Director of Conservation and Education and the Manager of Major and Planned Giving to ensure that funding applications and reports to funders are submitted on time and prospects are identified and recorded;
- Assist with the development and stewardship of strategic foundation partners, corporate partners, legacy donors and other major donors;
Facilitate planning and coordinating logistics of donor-relations events;
- Assist with the development and dissemination of correspondence for members and prospective funders;
- Maintain departmental files (hard copy and electronic) and adhere to a standard of ethics consistent with the AFP Donor Bill of Rights and Ontario Nature’s policies;
- Operate within Ontario Nature’s philosophy, culture, and values; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and qualifications
- University degree;
- At least two years of relevant work experience or further education in fundraising
Demonstrated ability to coordinate team members to achieve targets;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects and a meticulous attention to detail;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and initiative;
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize and work independently with little supervision;
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful fundraising practices and excellent communications skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset;
- A positive outlook with a good sense of humour and ability to be composed under pressure; and
- A love of nature and the outdoors.
This is a full time position based at our head office in Toronto with an immediate start date. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday April 7, 2017.
No phone calls or unsolicited e-mails please.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in working at Ontario Nature; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.