Happy Thanksgiving! We want to take this opportunity to share with you some of the great work that’s been done so far this year for Ontario’s wild species and spaces. These are examples of what’s possible with support of nature lovers like you.
So far this year:
- We’ve had nine times the Reptile and Amphibian Atlas sightings submitted than at this time last year;
- Launched our campaign calling on the government to fulfil their commitment to creating Protected Areas;
- Four cities and schools across southern Ontario have signed on to the Bee City initiative thanks to the Youth Council (with 5 more on the horizon!);
- 7,000 members stood their ground for snapping turtles; and…
- As recent as today, we welcomed the news that TransCanada will not proceed with the Energy East pipeline. Alongside many of our members and supporters, we opposed the proposal from the start.
(click image to see full)
These are examples of real progress. Thank you for raising your voice for nature through participating in events, signing important petitions and spreading the conservation message of Ontario Nature.
But 2017 isn’t over yet! If you’d like to help make a difference for nature in our province, join our Advocates for Nature e-news community. We’ll connect with you on Ontario’s most pressing conservation issues and offer easy ways for you to take action.
– The Team at Ontario Nature