Privacy and Security Policy
Ontario Nature and the Foundation for Ontario Nature (the "Foundation") recognize that an individual's right to privacy is an essential issue. We understand the importance in maintaining anonymity and protecting personal information in our care and control. Our relationship with those that support our activities are founded on trust and we are committed to maintaining this trust.
What the policy covers
- personal information that is aggregated in such a manner that it cannot be connected to a person; therefore, any personal information that is or becomes anonymous will not fall under the protection of the PIPEDA;
- personal information consisting of the name, address and telephone number of a subscriber that appears in a telephone directory that is available to the public, where the subscriber can refuse to have the personal information appear in the directory;
- the name, title, business address, e-mail address or telephone number of an employee of Ontario Nature and/or the Foundation; or
- information that is publicly available and is specified by regulation pursuant to the PIPEDA.
Personal information collected by Ontario Nature and/or the Foundation
Personal information that may be collected, used or disclosed by Ontario Nature and/or the Foundation includes but is not limited to the following:
- Phone Number
- Credit Card Information
- Payment and Banking Information
- Personal Health Information
- Donation Information
Guidelines for internet/website users
Please be advised that information voluntarily disclosed online in discussion areas or other public areas of our website can be collected, used and disclosed by third parties. Any submissions made to discussion areas or other public areas on our website are done at the user's risk and on the understanding that such information may be accessible to third parties. Ontario Nature and/or the Foundation will not be liable or held responsible for any damages that may result from such user activity.
How to add, remove or amend personal information
If, at any time, supporters wish to amend their personal information with Ontario Nature and the Foundation, simply inform us in writing at:
Ontario Nature and the Foundation for Ontario Nature Privacy Office
214 King Street West, Suite 612
Toronto, ON M5H 3S6
or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Please note that further information can be obtained as well as a copy of the PIPEDA through the Privacy Commissioner of Canada's website at www.privcom.gc.ca.